Sunday, October 26, 2008

I did it!

I was able to complete the Silicon Valley Marathon today. I am so thankful and happy.

My time was far behind my hopeful time. I hoped to complete it in 4 hours and 30 minutes but I was about a half an hour off pace. I injured me knee about mile 2 or 3. I'm not sure what occurred (maybe it was a hill or it was cold out). I just started feeling a sharp pain every time I took a step with my left leg. The pain did not go away. I had to slow down because the faster I went the more it hurt. There were a number of times that I thought it might be best to stop due to the pain. But, I thought about my dad and the pain he went through last year as he lost his battle with cancer. I pushed through and completed it.

Thanks so much for your support!

I cannot believe in late May I weighted 230 pounds and could barely run a mile. I did not start my long runs until July 20th (that was a 6 mile run). Yet, I was able to prepare myself and complete the marathon. I wish the time could have been faster, but with my knee it was enough to just finish and not quit.


Also, thanks to God for giving me the strength and determination to finish this life long goal. And, thanks to my dad for showing me to fight through pain. I did it for you too dad.

No comments: