Monday, May 16, 2011

Running fun and baby fun

My last marathon was CIM in December.  It feels like ages ago.  I'm now starting to get excited about the SF Marathon.  My training is gearing up.  I'm a pacer for the South Bay SF marathon training group . . . which means I got a hat, some shirts and a free entry.  Yeah.  It is though so much fun to run with people that are training for their first marathon.  Each time you hit a new long run, you are doing a personal best in distance.  It reminds me so much of 2008 when I started running.  The hill runs at Rancho are fun.  We get 6-7 miles in and get some great views of the bay area.  I need to bring my camera.

Still working to get faster.  Just plugging away at trying to run my tempo and speed workouts faster than in the past, while pushing a little harder on the long runs.

Okay now for some baby fun.

A few days ago, it was my wife's b-day.  Her parents were in town and we decided to go to dinner.  We went to a place that is a little more upscale.  It was a weekday so it was not crowed and okay to bring a 16 month old.  We ordered, got food for us and Brooklyn.  Brooklyn eat some and then got tired of sitting around.  I take her for a little walk around the restaurant so that the others can eat.  I start to smell something.  I take a deep sniff and think "oh oh."  I then pick her up to take her back to the table.  I feel something.  It does not feel good after you had an "oh oh" smell.  I lift her jacket (which she had on over her shirt).  I immediately notice that there is something wet and brown coming up from the diaper and soaking her shirt.  I quickly move back to the table and let our party know of the incident.  We look in the diaper bag and . . . find . . . no diapers . . . no wipes . . . and no extra clothes.

My wife gets up and we rush to the bathroom which has no changing table.  But, they do have rolls of paper towels and I immediately start layering the paper towels on the floor of the bathroom.  We have to very gently remove Brooklyn's shirt as we want to limit the wet and brown stuff to an area we can control.  Now, my daughter generally is a pain to change when she decides she does not want to be changed.  And, in the middle of the bathroom floor is one of those times when she is not going to make this easy.  We both needed to be there, one holding her and one cleaning her.  How I wished there was a shower nearby.  After a few minutes of struggling to hold Brooklyn so we can clean the mess and after filling the trash can with tons of used toilet paper that was used to clean such mess.  Her jacket was okay to use until we got her home (we only lived a few minutes away).  I guess Brooklyn wanted to give her mom a little B-day present.

Here is a recent video of Brooklyn, on her horse:

No comments: